I’ve been getting may requests to post the speed test tool code on my blog & I have finally found the fla which includes Download & Upload + some fancy animations
- I wrote the code back in 2008 for wi-tribe while i was in Jordan, it took me a week to figure it out, during the project i was asked to drop it ( dont ask why ) so i consider this as a partially completed project.
- functions names & comments might not mean anything to you ( hehe ) my bad i always comment for me.
- few files were required which i cant remember, I have a bunch of files setting around together so i have selected what i remember, compressed them & uploaded em to the server, you can find a live example here on my experiments page along with the files in the directory ( let me know if you require any of what might look like a missing file )
What do you require :
- I have used zeh’s MC Tween for the animation part ( not included )
- PHP PEAR packages for Ping & Latency ( not included )
- Other ( PHP files, images, character generation code etc ) included in the compressed file
Programming logic in steps:
- Flash sends a ping request to randomizer.php which will get latency & IP address then it sends it back to flash ( requires pear package )
- Flash sends a “make new file” request to randomizer.php which will copy an image that exists on the server ( adds new name to prevent caching ) & it returns image name back to flash
- Flash then starts downloading the image ( extra formula involved in rotation and converting elapsed time & bytes loaded etc etc etc… see code below )
- Upon downloading i push speeds in an array to sort them later on and select a middle range as download speed
- Flash Sends a delete image request and Starts the upload testing process
- Upload speed is usually slow, an initial test is made to determine initial upload speed
- Once done a character generator function requests to build up a set of characters to be uploaded to the server ( randomizer.php )
thats pretty much it.
Like i said, im only posting this for you to learn and grab functions from … dont forget to say thank you